Monday, June 25, 2007

Different

Yesterday was a long day and sad day!! I took Jamie, the kids and my mother in law to Regina so they could fly out to Nova Scotia!!! I stayed behind to finish up school so that I am ready to start my new job when I get back from Nova Scotia!!!

Today was my first day away from my kids and husband and I am already counting the days before I fly out!!! I leave saturday from Regina!!!

The house is pretty quiet, just the dog and I, some music and the sound of the computer keys as I am typing!!

This house hasn't been this quiet since well before the kids come home!! I had all these things planned....for when they left... you know.... clean the house, clean and organize the kid's bedroom, weed the garden.... all can think about is Jamie, Surfie and Elshie!!!

On a different note...... Once I get to Nova Scotia we are all headed over to PEI to meet up with the other adoption families!!! One couple are about to leave to get their two girls!!! Another lady just got her refferal.... it is always great to see this!!! Another family just came home a few months back with a set of sibs... making them a family of 6!!! I am sure hoping that the family we traveled with from NB will be there too!!! As always we will have a great time talking and visiting with the families!! After this I think the plan is to stay in PEI for the next few days!!!

When Jamie and I got married 6 years ago we honeymooned in PEI!!! So we would like to take the kids back now and show them what a beautiful province it is!!! Last time we were there we went to Ghephettos Workshop - this is where the man made puppets from wood !! They were such a great couple.....I hope this place is still there!!! We also went to a place called Woodleigh - there they had castles made to scale!! If I remember right there is a place called North Rustico too that had a restuarant with a 60 foot salad bar!!!! I have very fond memories of PEI and am very excited to be going back during the summer again!!!

I have the kids already pumped about the red clay that PEI has!!! They wanted to take jars so they could show everyone back here the red dirt that they got to play in!!! lol

At the graduation party we had for the kids.. one couple gave them a camera and photo album for each of them to save their memories of their family vacation!!! They also received some money so they could buy things to bring back from their trip!!!

I will keep you posted on our travels !!!

Lana Lee

1 comment:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

WOW it must be very different not having the kids or Jamie home !!

I'm SOOOOOO Excited that you are coming to our gathering !!! YEAH !!!

I can't wait to see you all on the week-end !!

Lisa