Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day





Well I guess I will start by saying that I would like to Thank Shelley for fixing my "picture" problem!! I am not a computer "techy" person!!


So now on with Father's Day - Anyone who knows my family will know that "Duchek's" do everything "BIG"!! I am sad to say I think it has spread to us younger generation "Duchek's" too!!


This weekend we decided that it was time the kids have a sandbox!!! So on Saturday Jamie and I went into Esterhazy to buy some lumber and started to build the sandbox!!! By supper time we were ready for sand but we couldn't haul sand until Sunday - Father's Day..


We woke up on Father's Day to RAIN!!! RAIN and More RAIN!!!


My dad and mother came over with the grain truck and took the kids and went to the sand pit!! I guess I should tell you the size since we needed two grain truck loads of sand!!


We decided that the sand box should be 32 feet by 20 feet so we could put their swing set in it!!


So through the rain and wind Jamie, myself, Elshie, Surfie, Shilo (Our Dog) and my father filled and leveled out the sand box!! My mom cooked lunch and watched from the inside!!


Here is some pictures from our father's day adventure!!


Lana Lee

4 comments:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

Wow that will be a great sandbox !!!

Happy Father's day to Jamie!
Lisa

Anonymous said...

you can come to Winnipeg anytime we are in need of a Sandbox renovation in our backyard.

ours would seem like a piece of cake to you guys as it is only about 6 ft square!!

Happy Father's Day Jamie!!

Coleene, Bruce and Kaleb

Anonymous said...

Now that's a Sandbox!! Certainly puts or little round green turtle sandbox to shame!!

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way - was this your first High Speed post???? (No more little town hick speed ;) )

Shelley